Written by VY Ambassador, Sarah Schwefel
Sarah Schwefel is certified in endocannabinoid medicine from the American Journal of Endocannabinoid Medicine.
I used to love enjoying a bath to relax. I would light candles, put some bubbles in my bath, grab a glass of kombucha or wine, and lay back and let my long days melt away. And then became a new life of chronic pain. Pain took away my ability to soak in a bath. With spine injuries, it became too painful to lay or even sit on the hard tub bottom and trying to take a bath became agony. No matter what I tried, or how many bath pillows or matts I switched out, baths were painful, the opposite of what they are meant for. And yet I knew my aching muscles could benefit from the warm water, but the pain would override any benefit the warmth delivered.
Then I found Vital You's CBD bath bombs. CBD bath bombs help my body relax and reduces my pain so I can lay back with ease and enjoy my bath once again. It is more beneficial than warm water alone and provides my body with a vast amount of needed benefits.
Though it is a tremendous aid for me physically, they also support me mentally by giving back the independence and privilege I once had to be able to take a bath. Let’s take a deep dive into how CBD bath bombs help patients like myself, and the many benefits they can bring you too!
How do CBD bath bombs help?
CBD is a powerful cannabinoid that has numerous proven therapeutic benefits. Vital You also uses an array of essential oils, botanicals, and flower essences in their bombs to synergistically boost the benefits even more! For example, their Deep bath bomb is a favorite of mine and my muscles, and for good reason!
Here are some CBD benefits that have helped me:
- Reduces pain and inflammation
- Helps combat muscle spasms
- Offers skin support and soothes the skin
- Eases symptoms of PMS, endometriosis, and more
Tips for the Best Bath:
At this point, I would consider myself a CBD bath connoisseur. I take a CBD bath at least twice a week to help ease inflammation, and pain. Here are a few tips to make the bath as pleasant as possible for you!
- When taking a bath with cannabinoids and other botanicals, it is best to soak for at least 20 minutes to allow the plant medicines to fully penetrate the body. When absorbing cannabinoids topically, they are absorbed through the skin delivering their various therapeutic effects. 20 minutes is the minimum time we want to soak to really feel the full effects the bath bomb has to offer.
- All Vital You bath bombs come in a mesh bag and for a great reason. They have many bath bombs with loose added botanicals on top and when the bath bomb is removed from the shrink wrap and placed back into the organza bag, it acts like a tea bag and cleaning the tub after a soak can be avoided. Truly though, sometimes I love to let them float around me, so I can feel like the goddess I am.
- Epsom salt is a great addition to a bath. It is filled with vitamins and minerals that help to soothe and relax the body. Although these are already present in the bath bombs, it never hurts to add a little more!
- Bath pillows can be your best friend with chronic pain. Find one that offers support in the areas needed. There are many varieties to choose and offer an array of different positions to bring you additional comfort in the tub.
I hope so much that these CBD bath bombs can help you too. That they offer great relief and the relaxing moments in the tub that you deserve.